Friday, December 28, 2007

Names from the past

Earlier this year I added several school group photographs to the site - some of which were from my own family archives. Although I invited people to identify individuals - or even the date in many cases - I wasn't too hopeful of learning anything about the early 20th century groups.

I had forgotten though, that I had asked my mother the same question about 25 years ago - and, over Christmas, I found her notes which I have now added to the Church Street School groups which are tentatively dated 1910 and 1914.

I am pleased to say that as a result, most of the girls on the 1914 group and some on the 1910 picture, are now identified for posterity.

It's a reminder to us all that now is time to put names to all those family photographs we can identify now but will be more difficult - perhaps impossible - for future generations if we don't do it now.